Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Blog Up!

I must say I have learned quite a bit about blogs this morning. I have an inactive blog for one of my UCLA undergrad courses in Library Science (http://jbis20.blogspot.com/) but I had no idea how to incorporate an RSS feed!

Luckily, my concurrent course in Cataloging (Lib 105a) required that I sign up with a blog aggregator (Bloglines). So, I have been becoming familiar with the idea of subscribing to blogs over the last two weeks. I spent some time and figured out how to imbed RSS subscription icons in the blog (top of left column).

To do so, I set up an account with FeedBurner (http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/home). This company has been acquired by Google just like Blogger, so the process for making the blog a feed was easy with the help options.

What is it all for? Well, if you would like the blog posts to come directly to you, choose one of the options (Yahoo!, Google, Bloglines, or a reader). Follow the prompts and options to set it up! Let me know how it goes!

More posts to come!

2 comments:

great thoughts said...

Hi, Jared!
This is testing.I e-mailed you last week and now I try "blogging":

You have done excellent work.Thank you very much, Mane

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mane!